4/21/2009

DAY 16: In the kitchen

A pinch of this and a dash of that!


I love to bake! LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake! It's a creative outlet for me! I love adding something to a recipe to make it feel more like my own creation. Sometimes it works out! Sometimes it flops! I've never created a recipe on my own. I don't necessarily have the skill set to know what to add to make something rise or have a flaky crust. But I was determined to give it a try. I wanted to create a treat that I had enjoyed but kick it up a notch and REALLY be able to call it my own.

This is my take on a White Chocolate chip Macadamia Nut Cookie! I added coconut and crushed Pineapple and bake it in bar form. The hardest part about creating recipes is knowing what measurements are needed. This was a "cross your fingers" and just try attempt!I have to say, I totally love the out come!

Here is the recipe I came up with! I may tweek it in the future to try to make it more dense. At this point it's half way between a cake or moist brownie and a cookie bar. I think the pineapple really moistens it.

Tropical Bars...

1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 can of crushed pineapple drained
3 1/2 c. unsifted flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
more coconut to sprinkle on top


In mixer blend butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.

Drain can of pineapple and add to mixer.

Add in flour and baking soda to wet ingredients.

Add coconut, chopped nuts and white chocolate chips.

Spread onto greased sheet pan and sprinkle coconut on top.

Bake at 375 for 20-25 min 'till golden brown and fork comes out clean in the middle.

4 comments:

Mia said...

that looks delicious!!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

wow- look at you, sewing from a pattern, making up your own recipe... you are my creative idol. i am replacing my poster of martha stewart with your picture.

Megan said...

looks scrumptious! i love to bake too, unfortunately i usually end up eating it all, so right now i'm on a baking strike!

Angie said...

There were sooo good. Thanks for sharing!!