8/26/2007

Weekend wrap up

What a great weekend! We tackled a few painting projects over the weekend and were just so happy to have the space to do them in. There we were in our garage finishing projects and enjoying yet one more aspect of home ownership!

Here's the dresser we refinished. We painted it and did a glazing process to give it it's antique finish. We couldn't be happier with how it turned out!




Mike and I also gave talks in church this Sunday! Giving the talks is the easy part! It's the anticipation that we hate! We both were very comfortable and were glad to have them behind us. We expect that it bought us a few years before we have to speak again! The girls also did surprisingly well in the pews with "strangers!" Guess that prayer was heard!We both really enjoy speaking so it was nice to be given the opportunity.


Here's a cute picture of Blue doing her new favorite thing... watching the washing machine run!!! she literally sat there for 10 minutes just watching it! Who knew the investment in the front loader was going to also work as entertainment! If she knows I'm doing laundry she'll walk by the laundry room, open the door and just check in on it! Too funny huh!!!

14 comments:

AnieCooper said...

Molly watching the laundry is too cute! You had to give the talk in church today? Wow! Teaching and speaking all the time...I still HATE speaking in front of adults or a large crowd. Give me the little kids any day! I dread Parent Night and all that stuff! More power to you. Glad to hear the girls did well sitting with strangers ;) Miss you@!

Shannan said...

Those front load washer people need to hire you. I'm sold!

michelle said...

I am happy that your talks went well! How nice to have that out of the way for a while! :)

Blue is soooo cute!

Jillyboo said...

When Luke was young he would do the same thing with our front load washer. I have to admit, sometimes I would get stuck watching with him.. its pretty cool.
Glad the talks went well and are over. Now they are going to give you guys a new calling, thats the next step after the test of giving a talk is over.

Amber H. said...

Love the finish on the dresser. Did you just paint it and use stain for the dark? Or dark paint and glaze mixed? Give us some step by step instructions please?! It turned out great though! Love it :o) We are planning on buying a front load washer and dryer when we finish building so I hope it will entertain my kids like it does your Blue! Fun :o)

Megan said...

Oh, I'm in love! That dresser turned out SOOOOO beautiful! I have one I want to stain blue, but I am too scared I will ruin it, how about you make a trip down to Oklahoma and help me out!!! :)
I'm glad your talks went well, it's so nice to have the over with and know you don't need to think about it for a while!

Morph This said...

Oh my gosh I love this little girl. I want to hug her.

Laura said...

I also would like step by step instructions!! Did the dresser come with that hardware on it as well? It turned out great! My front load washer and dryer are the only 2 things I have for the house we are building. They are sparkling new and in STORAGE just waiting for us;) Molly is adorable!

Hannah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dresser!!! You have such an eye!

Your daughter is hilarious.

Diane said...

Rebecca,

You are amazing, but we all already knew that. How long did it take you to do it? What talent you have.

Molly is soooooooooo cute. How fun she is. You should sell the picture to the 'front load washing machine companies' for an advertisement. Did Christopher get a picture?

Busy B Preschool said...

I am so happy for you. It sounds like everything is working out for you guys. It is so cute that Molly loves watching the washing machine. Maybe I will have to get a front loader when we get a new washer. It seems like a good investment!

The Dunns said...

Beautiful, I just love it! Your amazing! Molly is such a sweetie pie. I love those front loaders.

Megan said...

Congrats! I had no idea you were in Utah. Looks like we made a little switch. Megan and I just found a place in San Diego, and unfortunately, there's no yard. I'm jealous of your yard already and we haven't even moved in! It was good to hear from you guys, and it's great to see that you're both doing so well. You've got a beautiful family. Take care!

regibells said...

Great pictures of your cute babies! and I love the dresser. How do you keep coming up with all these talents, stop putting us all to shame! ;)