11/07/2007

Catching up!

Happy Wednesday!!! Lot's to share just because I've been a little behind!

Monday I had a surprise visits from my mom!WE had a great visit and she stayed for dinner and Family home evening! It was great to have her over and not just because she brought me the coolest house warming gift! She gave me my very own Angel food loaf pan and supplies. Now you have to have had a slice of her amazing cake to appreciate this but it's amazing. This is the first time in my 28 years of ever having the exact recipe to her cake. Trust me... it's not just a cake mix! And the pan itself makes all teh difference!!!!



Thanks mom!!! I'm making my first cake today!!!! Wish me luck!

The other day I started smelling something so yummy!Fruity and deliciouses! The minute I registered it was some smell so out of the ordinary I also realized it was super quiet!!!! That could only mean one thing! And sure enough my kids stayed true to form!



Blue helped herself to the shampoo in her bathroom. Luckily she kept most of it in the tub or on her body and in her hair! So bubbly bath time it was....

This is what I call turning a negative into a positive!!!





















Mace and I started reading chapter books together! WE are half way through the BFG!!!! She is really enjoying it! She never wants me to put the book down! I love that! I have three books checked out for the next three weeks we are excited to read. The BFG, Charlott's Web and Little House in the big Woods!!!

Please send me your book recommendations!What books do you remember loving as a kid or what books do your kids adore!?

12 comments:

Bruce said...

I loved the Beverly Cleary books: Ramona. They have a new series that Hailey LOVES: Junie B. Jones, they are pretty funny. It's so fun once they start enjoying chapter books.

The Dunns said...

My girls have liked Junie B. Jones she is a pretty sassy little girl, maybe a little too sassy for my liking. They are pretty funny though. We have also read Stewart Little, and Sarah Plain and Tall.

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I LOVE the BFG! All of Roald Dahl's books are AMAZING, I LOVED reading those growing up, dude, I still love reading them! I love all the Little House books, so I think youve already picked out some good ones!

Josh and Tiff said...

anything Roald Dahl! I remember reading those, Witches was my favorite! I don't remember if it was like scary or anything though. Also I loved Nancy Drew books, but again, i don't know if she would enjoy that one quite yet. I did love boxcar children, haha.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

You have to read "All About Same" by Lois Lowry. Such a fun kids book, I cant wait til Ethan wants to read non-picture books!

michelle said...

Blue is the cutest! She looks like she was able to have a good ol' time!!! :)

I love reading to the kids. I still do, if only they would allow for it. hee hee! I too love Beverly Cleary books.

Karen said...

little house on the prairie series--i grew up on them :o)

regibells said...

James and the Giant Peach, Babe, Never ending story, C.S. Lewis, Wayside stories. Just a few that come to mind...I need to read to Jacob more.

Amy said...

I love moms!! MMM Angel Food cake sounds about good right now! Ohh fun chapter books... I'll have to think of some good ones!

Amber H. said...

I love the bath pictures! And how nice, that even though she was making a mess, it was so easy to fix the problem! LOL! I have read lots of books to Felicity, but one of her all time favorites was "One Dark Night" by Lisa Wheeler. It's the cutest little rhyming story about a mouse and a mole. It's 32 pages long and she had us read it to her so much, she memorized the entire book! Here is a link to the amazon page if you want to check it out http://www.amazon.com/One-Dark-Night-Lisa-Wheeler/dp/0152058885/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-5987986-4210262?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194711001&sr=1-1 Definitely our top pick!

Amber H. said...

Ok, I just realized I'm retarded, you said Chapter books and the book I just recommended is not a chapter book. It's really good though! We also read Felicity the books from the Disney Fairies series of books. She loves them and they are chapter books :o) We read her the one about Raini first and she loved it, so we have since read her another. They are great!

Bryn said...

I love your little saying about turning a negative into a positive. I read your blog the other day, and for some reason all day yesterday that little saying kept popping into my head as I was trying to deal with Dax at 2:40 church with no nap!! It really helped! :) Thanks for being such a great example!